It was time for a good wash. My hair was really greasy and oily from the moisturizing, sealing, baggying, JBCO, I think that's everything. LOL, I have been doing alot. When I washed my hair last week using the Co-wash method, I experienced stronger hair immediately after washing. My strands were not stretching and stretching and stretching. After my hair was dried, from day 1 to 5 I experienced ZERO snapping/breaking hairs. I was and still am extremely thrilled. I would love to make this a consistent reality for me. So, I am going to continue with my regimen that has proven in the first week that this is the best decision for me and my hair. This week calls for my shampoo wash.
1. I started off with rinsing my scalp under warm/hot water. The water was extremely cloudy while I rinsed (TMI, lol). My hair was extremely gross feeling, so I totally expected it. My hair felt light immediately after the rinse. My hair did not feel limp or weak here.
2. I mixed 1 ounce of my shampoo with 5 five ounces of water. I mixed well and applied the mixture to my scalp with an application bottle. I rinsed with warm water. My hair felt great. My scalp felt better. It felt amazing. My hair felt strong here, too.
3. In my mixing bowl, I added one egg, 1 tablespoon of JBCO and 1 tablespoon of moisturizing conditioner. I mixed well and applied this mixture to my entire hair. This was left on for 20 minutes and was rinsed out with cool water.
4. I applied my cheapie conditioner to my hair, concentrated on my ends and rinsed with cool water.
5. I applied my DC, this week it is ORS Replenishing Pak. I applied to my hair and put on a plastic cap. I left it on with no heat for an 55 minutes. I did 5 minutes under my hand dryer bonnet (I made a huge mistake buying that). I rinsed with cool water.
6. I applied my leave-in, Dark and Lovely Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner. I put ten 7/8" size flexi rods in my hair. I am very disappointed in the quality of this flexi rods. My flexi rods do not bend in all the way where my hair is secured. I had to put ouchless hair ties around each one. I paid almost nine dollars for these flexi rods, so why can they not do their job. UGH! (If anyone wants to give me any advice on these rods, I would appreciate it.)
7. Drying time!
I spent 30 minutes under the dryer, did some homework and went to sleep.
The next day, I took the flexi rods out and fluffed my hair a little. This is the results:
It is no different than any other flexi rod set I have done before, but once again, my hair feels very strong. I did not have to handle my wet hair like before. Before I used to be EXTREMELY baby soft with my hair. Now, I feel like I can ease up alittle. I am still careful, but my hair does not stretch like it used to and my does not snap/break like it used to. I am extremely satisfied. This has been the second week in a row where my hair has felt so strong and healthy. I believe that my shrinkage is at 1/2 inch and an inch stretched. I am either going to relax in four weeks or six weeks. I would love it if I can get more NG.
Thanks for reading!!!