Does EVERY woman deals with the issue where one side flourished while the other side drags around. Yea, I certainly do. LOL! I used to be so pissed. At first, I was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that wrapping was the cause of my hair thick/thinner on sides. So, I stopped wrapping and began wearing rollers to bed. Instead, my hair has continued to be in this odd rat race, one side blooms while the other side is plays catch up. I also wanted to concluded that it was that I slept more on one side than the other. But then I caught up to what side I was sleeping on, and it was opposite of my problem side. UGH! What is really going on?! LOL. I thought It was the way I was wearing my hair. Nope. To be honest, I am still lost. I have no idea what it could be. Before my HHJ, when one side was shorter than the other side, I would cut both side even. When cutting my front even, I had to take off a lot of length. In doing so, I have regrettably allowed my back to reach nearly APL and my front is not quite touch my shoulders. It has been a struggle because my hair does not look as thick with my sides so short. It has been countless times where I have wanted to gut my entire head the length of my sides so my hair can look thick and even. But I would lose SO MUCH LENGTH :-( SO, with a heavy heart, I have yet to cut my hair, BUT there is an overwhelming feeling to do so.
My mother's hair is one sided, also. But her hair is one sided in the back. I know why my mom's hair is like that. My mother does not comb her hair out from end to root. She starts at the root and combs/detangles going down instead of working her way up. The result being that my mom's hair has thinned in the back on one side more than another.
Is your hair one sided, too? Tell me about it. What do you think has caused your hair to get this way? What are you doing to prevent it?
- ► 2013 (64)
- Liebster Award Nominee
- REVIEW & Comparison - Queen Helene and Proclaim Ch...
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #5 - Critcs Versus My HHJ
- Wash Day at 10 weeks post (sprucing up my salon st...
- 10 weeks post today!!! 2 more weeks to go! Ramble,...
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #4 - I used to be an ugly ...
- Wash Day
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #3 - One Sided Hair
- Revised Regimen with details
- I am relaxing every three months, but why???
- My 2 month Strength Challenge!!!
- Wash day - Renewed Regimen
- Starting A New Regimen
- CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #2 - Are there parts of yo...
- Pissed!!! But Motivated!
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2011 (14)