Happy Halloween, everyone. I am so excited about this day! Nothing excites me like costumes. I guess this kid in me comes from being in a strict household as a kid and we weren't allowed to go house to house for trick or treating. This year, my town is putting on it's very first trunk or treat. It is a very safe way for kids to dress up and trick or treat. This idea is as old as time, but our town has not experienced it until tonight. EXCITED!!! Blog and pix later tonight.
So this blog is about my misadentures of October.
1. Take vitamins everyday -----Failed. I started off good, but got sick on the 10th. I am on doctor orders.
2. Warmed prepoos with every wash ----completed!!! I have found that hair takes warmed conditioners well. I believe that I will always warm my prepoos. It leaves my hair soft, especially my NG.
3. Use castor oil every other day ----partially failed. I may used it 3 times a week. I should done better.
1. Hide my hair the entire month of November. No days down.
2. Use castor oil everyday.
November is going to be a simple month. I am not quite sure if I am going to get my braids or not. I am excited about not having to deal with my hair everyday thanks to my updos. I believe that will be my November protective style.
I am hoping to be full APL and maybe grazing BSL for Christmas.
Well, I got bad news today. But it is important to continue to motivate yourself. Things may look low and grim now, but that's not where you are supposed to stay. I have received need about school that can stall my career goals an additional year. Some times these little setbacks can ensure an amazing comeback. Sometimes you have to smile and keep pushing. I want to lay in bed all day and feel sorry for myself. But I plan on getting up, like I do every morning. I am going to get ready for work. I am going to work, do my best at my job. I am going to come home and do my homework. Life and time will not stand still while you give yourself a pity party. Do yourself a favor: pull yourself out of your self misery and continue to live. I plan on doing just so.
So I am six weeks post and I am half way through my winter stretch. I have been evaluating my NG and it's trying to bud. It's not much. But with every wash day, I notice a few more curls. Due to the minimal amount of NG, this stretch has been manageable.
Even though my stretch has not gotten ridiculous....yet, I plan to give my hair and mind a break by putting my hair in a protective style later this week. I am hoping that this style will last me at least 3 weeks, but I am definitely hoping for entire month of November. So with this wash, I will be prepping my hair for the braid installation this week.
1. I pre-pooed with castor oil and grapeseed oil. After a few minutes, I rinsed my hair.
2. I clarified my hair with suave clarifying shampoo. It felt so good to rinse my hair squeaky clean because I have been using oil everyday for a few weeks. I haven't clarified in months.
3. After rinsing the shampoo, I DC'ed with a mix of a moisturizing conditioner, a tablespoon of hair mask and a creamy detanglers. I also added a tablespoon of mixed oils, castor, olive, almond, grapeseed and jojoba. Under a plastic cap, my hair DC'ed for an hour. Afterwards I rinsed and Bantu knotted my hair.
So here I sit, contemplating. Lol. My health is better. No complaints. My job is ehhh, try not to complain. Lol. Classes have resume for me and the struggle continues. But life is good. Sometimes you have to fake it before you really believe that you are happy. I haven't had to fake in a while.
When I get down, I look at things I have overcome: SL damaged hair, bullies, deaths, troubling school. Here I stand, or sit, able to tell people that you can pull through any obstacle as long as you think positive. You also have to be a positive fortune teller. "I see success at the end of this." "This will work out in my favor." "I will overcome." Life and obstacles in it can make you feel like giving up, but if you wish well for others and yourself genuinely, you will see it through. That's my prayer for everyone in the world. Keep pushing.
I am five weeks post, as of yesterday. I am beginning to notice a slight amount of NG. It's not much.
Here is how my wash day went:
1. Friday night, I applied my warmed prepoo, consisting of conditioners and mixed oils. I left this in over night Friday, all day Saturday and over night Saturday.
Finally on Sunday, I rinsed my hair clean.
2. I shampooed my hair with a moisturizing shampoo.
3. I DCed with a moisturizing conditioner and a protein mask. After about 15 minutes, I rinsed my hair.
4. I Tshirt dried my hair for about an hour.
After air drying my hair, I decided to try a new product on my hair.
This is a misty leave in. It is supposed to moisturize and hydrate hair. It is supposed to sit for 3 minutes before styling. So after applying this to my hair and letting it sit, I decided to flat iron my hair, after I applied my heat protectant of course.
No length check, just wanted my hair straightened. I did not stretch my NG all the way. I did not want to apply stress to it and the line of demarcation. Smooth wash day.
Hello, people. In the back of my mind, I have been thinking of a regimen to grow my hair fast to full BSB, grazing BSL or BSL. I haven't been able to write my ideas or plans down. Finally, after much consideration, I believe that I have came up with a fast growth regimen that I will incorporate during my last 8 weeks of stretching before my relaxer on December 7th.
1. I will use castor oil on my scalp at least 3-4 das a week.
2. I will continue to use castor oil in my pre-poos.
3. I will hide my hair all of November; I am trying to do very little manipulation this month.
4. I will try my absolute best not to use a direct heat pass but only once.
5. Moisturize and seal daily and/or when needed.
6. I will use my pin ups as much as possible.
7. I will resist all urges to relax early.
8. I will baby all of my edges.
9. I will pay special attention to my ends every night.
10. I will take vitamins every night.
11. I will accomplish all of these goals.
I am serious about coming into the new year with long, thick hair. I am not picky about which goal I meet, but I plan on having longer hair than I already have. I WANT TO SEE A DIFFERENCE IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Even though I am relaxing on December 7th, my official check in won't be until December 21st, which give me ten full weeks of this fast growth regimen.
Lol. So...if you follow me on IG, you may have seen this pic:
Yep, that's me laid up. Here is the story: Friday, I was at wok. I helped decorated a float for my high school HC. My job, which is at an elementary school, participated in the parade. So I decorated the float as a representation for my job. Not only did I decorate that float, but I walked the 2 mile parade route. After the parade was over, I went and walked around with my family at the tailgate party. Suddenly, everything went white. I couldn't see anything and I couldn't comprehend much. Next thing I know, I became unresponsive. I remember very little. I wake up in an ambulance. Diagnosis: my doctor told me that it was a lack of blood flow in my body. When the blood flow rushed back, it caused me to pass out and vomit in my unconscious state. It's horrific, especially since i do not remember anything lol. I am a lot better. Unfortunately, this incident has caused me to miss my 5K run. That is what hurts me the most.
When I passed out and hit the ground, I took much grass with me to the hospital. Lol. My hair was filled with grass and charcoal bits. Jokingly, I asked someone at the hospital did they have satin bonnets handy for women on HHJs. Even though I was joking, I was extremely nervous about my hair rubbing against the cotton sheets in the hospital.
Eventually, I was discharged. I was so tired and so weak, I did not so anything to my hair. I put my bonnet on and went to bed.
Saturday, I got up and decided to pre-poo with some warmed oils and conditioner. Feeling alittle sluggish and weak, I left the pre-poo in all day. So I went to bed Saturday with my pre-poo still in.
Sunday, I woke up and decided to have another lazy day of recovering. I was in no rush to wash my hair. That is, until I received a phone call from my aunt. Her 4 year old grandson was there when I became unresponsive and he saw when I was loaded in the ambulance. That poor baby thinks I have passed away. So she told me that she wanted to bring him by to show him that I was still alive. That motivated me to get up and wash my hair. I wanted him to see me like he always see me: big hair and all.
1. I rinsed out my pre-poo, and I applied shampoo to my hair. My hair was filthy from the things I picked up on the ground as I laid passed out. It felt so good to clean my hair. I rinsed the shampoo out.
2. I followed up with a black tea rinse. Before the incident, I had been suffering from horrific shedding. So, it was liberating to finally tea rinse my hair. After I sprayed my hair with black tea, I put a moisturizing conditioner in top of it. I left it on for about 7 minutes and rinsed.
3. I airdried my hair until it was about 70 percent dry. I added a few drops of vegetable glycerin into my elasta qp leave in. I applied my leave in and sealed with an oil.
Counselor by day,student by night. I am a substance abuse therapist who is working hard to continue to rise in this field. I am fanatically in love with beautiful things. Follow me as I work hard during the day and play harder after work.
This is my private life and struggles made public for you entertainment, your viewing pleasure, etc. This is also a lesson for me, allowing myself to open up more and become more of a confident person that I need to be to be productive in this society.
My Starting Length (Beginning of HHJ : December 9, 2008