I have found myself slipping: sneaking a relaxer in at 6 and 7 weeks post. The temptation to relax my hair can get extremely great. It is so hard to shake it sometimes. I have found myself wetting my hair when the going gets really tough where I am dressed with shoes on and keys in my hands headed to go get a relaxer. To avoid relaxing prematurely, I have wet my hair numerous times in the nick of time. Call it crazy, but it keeps me going one more week until I get that urge again.
Another thing that causes me to relax early is my mother. My mother hates when I stretch. She thinks that I am being lazy when my hair is not straight and crisp, every hair in place. When I relax her hair, I find her ridiculing me about how she can comb through her hair and I can't. Truth is, she cannot comb through her hair without my help, if we want to be technical, lol. So, peer pressuse has caused me to relax.
Sometimes, I just miss my straight hair. I will miss wrapping my hair. I will miss tamed hair. So, that will cause me to relax, too.
When I relax under 8 weeks, I have this overwhelming feeling of guilt that comes over me. I would feel like that I have let me and my hair down. But I have now decided to never relax under 3 months or 12 weeks, however you would like to put it.
One reason why is because I hardly can tell how much NG I really have.
Another reason why is because the more weeks I am, the more I can tell exactly what I am relaxing.
Last reason why is that I have this goal to relax four times a year.
And that is pretty much it.
- ► 2013 (64)
- Liebster Award Nominee
- REVIEW & Comparison - Queen Helene and Proclaim Ch...
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #5 - Critcs Versus My HHJ
- Wash Day at 10 weeks post (sprucing up my salon st...
- 10 weeks post today!!! 2 more weeks to go! Ramble,...
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #4 - I used to be an ugly ...
- Wash Day
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #3 - One Sided Hair
- Revised Regimen with details
- I am relaxing every three months, but why???
- My 2 month Strength Challenge!!!
- Wash day - Renewed Regimen
- Starting A New Regimen
- CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!
- Sunday Random Hair Chat #2 - Are there parts of yo...
- Pissed!!! But Motivated!
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2011 (14)