So, I am 11 weeks post relaxer, and it is hard to explain my hair at this point. My hair seems to be at a great balance as far as moisture and balance. I have had no hairs to snap in my hands anymore, which is wonderful. After I washed my hair out from where it was professionally styled, I kind of slacked on the moisturizing and sealing for a couple days. I am at that point where it is at the end of the semester in school, and all I can think about is surviving. Lol. So, my hair took a back seat for maybe three days. Well, I am back in full effect (finals still going on). I have an exciting day approaching in four days: RELAXER DAY! But before that day, I decided to wash my hair one last time before I relax.
1. I decided to pre-poo with my cholesterol conditioner. I only wanted to pre-poo for 30 minutes. I relaxed and color rinsed my mother's hair last night. I also did some homework, so I went to bed instead without rinsing. I awoke this morning and rinsed the cholesterol out after 12 hours of pre-pooing.
2. After pre-poo, I shampoo'ed my hair with my Salon Care moisturizing shampoo. After one lather, I rinsed and moved on.
3. I condition washed with Suave Almond and Shea Butter conditioner. It sat in for about 10 minutes, and I rinsed with cool water. My hair felt wonderful.
4. I let my hair airdry naked for about 30 minutes. I begin to work the following products into my hair: Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin spray, setting mousse, Dark and Lovely Leave In Conditioning spray and Cantu Leave in conditioner. With this combination, my hair felt very light while wet. It did not feel weighed down. I proceeded to flexi-rod set my hair. I sprayed on some Tressemme Heat Tamer Heat Protectant.
5. Unfornately, it was time for drying. I hate drying time. It takes so freaking long. I get so hot. 2 hours is the average drying time for me. UGH. An hour and forty five minutes under the dryer and I was FAR from dry. However, it was time for me to start getting ready for work. After doing so, I finally took the flexi rods down.
Overall, this was a successful wash day. I will moisturize this tonight and sleep in flexi rods. For the remaining four days until my relaxer, I will begin prepping my scalp with JBCO and coat and seal my hair two times a day to begin building a barrier so that the relaxer will not penetrate and ovelap.
I may post again this week, and I may not. If I do not, I will see you on RELAXER DAY!!!
- ► 2013 (64)
- 2013 Hair Goals
- Random Post (more on my mother's hair)
- Attention!!! My Blog Name Has Changed!!!
- :-( My Mother's Hair Update
- HOTD and Offensive Hair Comments
- Wash Day - 1 week post
- Happy 4th HH Anniversary to ME!!!
- RELAXER DAY!!! 12 week stretch
- How I Prep My Hair for Relaxer (Less than a week a...
- Wash Day @ 11 weeks post
- Another Big Motivator to GET ON IT!!!
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2011 (14)