***THIS POST WAS FINISHED ONE DAY AFTER MY RELAXER, SO FORGIVE THE TENSE DIFFERENCES***
Hello, all. Today marks a beautiful day. I finally will be able to part my hair AND see some scalp. After 12 long weeks, I am finally relaxed today.
Last night, I braided my hair in a little under 20 plaits. I oiled my scalp with vaseline. I applied coconut oil from right under my NG to the very ends of my hair.
So, my hair was prepped and ready to go this morning. I woke up bright and early because I have to be at work. I based my hairline with more vaseline. I took down the plaits and put my hair up in clips.
1. I applied my relaxer to my hair using my handy dandy oh, so graceful sprush.. I used the Organic Root Stimulator relaxer kit. I tried to work extremely fast with the application, but relaxing time and smoothing time took me a total of 25 minutes. I am personally excited about this time because 28 and 29 minutes is usually the total time. I have been personally trying to get faster, yet still careful and cautious with application. I rinsed with Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo. It took me 6 rinses before my hair washed clean. I followed up with a moisturizing shampoo.
2. With every winter relaxer, I like to rinse my hair black. So, after my moisturizing shampoo, I followed up with my Dark and Lovely Relax and Color Same Day Semi Permanent Hair Rinse. I chose Natural Black as my color. So, I took the application bottle and applied the color all over my hair and gather my hair at the top of my head and put on a plastic cap. The color stayed on for 20 minutes and I rinsed.
3. After I rinsed my hair clean of color, I applied my DC. I am trying a new one. It is the generic version of Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner. I bought it from Sally's the previous day. The smell was amazing, so I had to purchase it. It went on my hair so good. It made my hair feel wonderful. I DC'ed for about 30 minutes and rinsed with cool water. After rinsing, I took a pillowcase and towel dried for a while.
4. I applied my Dark and Lovely Leave in and a couple drops of Kemi Oyl. Afterwards, I decided to give myself and all over trim. It has been July since my last trim. My front definitely in need of some attention, but I decided to be trim my entire head. THANKFULLY, my hair only called for between a 1/4 of an inch to a half inch trim. I was nervous that I was going to need a tremendous trim to even my back. THANKFULLY, again, my hair maintained the evenness in the back.
5. I sprayed my hair with my Tressemme Heat Protectant and I sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes. I decided to blowdry the remaining damp hair. Last, I flat-ironned my hair on low.
In conclusion, the way that I prepped my hair for this relaxer was heavenly. My hair does not seem over processed. My hair does not feel dried out. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I feel like I did an amazing job in preparation for this relaxer. I believe this will be my way of relaxer preparation for a while. It really worked for me.
During this stretch, I have achieve tremendous NG. For the growth, I must thank my JBCO. I must thank myself for being able to retain my length. I have had trouble doing so in the past. I am grateful for my even ends.
Am I disappointed in the amount of length that I have achieved? A little bit. I was really expecting a lot more, especially how my NG was rolling and rolling. BUT what I have lacked in length, I am really making up in thickness. So, I may not have that length that I expected, BUT I am achieving that overall thickness that I am striving for, which is a great big plus in my book. My shorter strands at the crown are certainly catching up with the hair in the very back of my head, which is giving my hair an even thicker appearance. I am so happy. I have noticed that my hair is a little thinner in the back on one side. I do not know what that has came from. But I will be on oiling, moisturizing, sealing and protective styling like crazy to get that growing plus my shorter strands. I am not planning on trimming again until June or July. I used to only apply castor oil to my problem areas. Now, I am applying my JBCO all over my scalp to achieve all over growth and evenness. My hair seems like it holds moisture better than it used to. I will wear my hair out all of the month, but come January I will be protective styling my way to FULL APL. My hair does not fall to APL, but when pull straight my hair is APL. EHH, I am not ready to claim APL just yet. I do not wear my hair straight all the time. I wear my hair curly, crinkly, airdried, etc. Basically, I believe I will claim APL when my air dried hair is APL. It is a little weird and difficult to understand, but I believe that is when I am truly at these landmarks, when my hair hits it without having to be flat ironned to prove it. So, Full SL, grazing APL is where I currently stand. Follow me while I attempt to protective style for the very FIRST TIME. My creativity will be put to the test as I try to acheive cute protective styles. Also, watch me as I go through Operation: Wedding Hair, it is my personal challenge to achieve longer, thicker hair by April 2013.
Here is a photo of how I wore my hair after my relaxer >>>
-Today, It has been officially one day since my relaxer. Last night, I oiled my scalp JBCO, moisturized with ORS moisturizer and wrapped my hair. Today, I am going oil my scalp again and moisturize again, but this time I am going to baggy my hair for extra moisture for a couple of hours. My newly relaxed hair is really soaking up alot of moisture, so I am trying to keep up with my hair's needs.
Until next post!!!
- ► 2013 (64)
- 2013 Hair Goals
- Random Post (more on my mother's hair)
- Attention!!! My Blog Name Has Changed!!!
- :-( My Mother's Hair Update
- HOTD and Offensive Hair Comments
- Wash Day - 1 week post
- Happy 4th HH Anniversary to ME!!!
- RELAXER DAY!!! 12 week stretch
- How I Prep My Hair for Relaxer (Less than a week a...
- Wash Day @ 11 weeks post
- Another Big Motivator to GET ON IT!!!
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2011 (14)