Today marks two days before my relaxer. I washed my hair a few days ago, and I have been wearing my hair in a flexi rod set. Tomorrow, I will post how I prep my hair the NIGHT BEFORE my relaxer. But I wanted to do this small post about how I prep my hair the leading up to my relaxer.
1. When I am two weeks from relaxing, I will use a clarifying shampoo. I try to make sure that scalp is completely strip of buildup. The reason why I strip it because during these last two weeks, I apply JBCO directly to the scalp everyday leading up to my relaxer. This way, I am cutting down the amount of buildup is on my scalp.
2. One week before relaxing, I will wash my hair with another shampoo of my choice. This time I decided upon a moisturizing shampoo. I lathered and massaged really well to remove buildup again. This time my scalp isn't totally stripped, and that is absolutely fine with me.
3. Everynight before bed, I will coat my hair in my moisturizer. I will seal with a small amount of JBCO and Kemi Oyl. Also, I will oil my scalp thoroughly with JBCO.
That is pretty much it. Its not too much. But my hair is getting that extra covering of oil and coating to prevent ovelapping.
Be on the look out for tomorrow's post: how I prep my hair the night before relaxer.
- ► 2013 (64)
- 2013 Hair Goals
- Random Post (more on my mother's hair)
- Attention!!! My Blog Name Has Changed!!!
- :-( My Mother's Hair Update
- HOTD and Offensive Hair Comments
- Wash Day - 1 week post
- Happy 4th HH Anniversary to ME!!!
- RELAXER DAY!!! 12 week stretch
- How I Prep My Hair for Relaxer (Less than a week a...
- Wash Day @ 11 weeks post
- Another Big Motivator to GET ON IT!!!
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2011 (14)