I have been thinking about attempting this big, beautiful, shining roller set on my head for about two weeks now. I have played out what I want to use and how I will perform it for so long. It is like I am training for the hair olympics or something, lol. First thing I did was washed my hair with Suave clarifying shampoo due to my visit to the beach. Next, I conditioned my hair with Suave Coconut Conditioner I sprayed my hair with Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Spray. Then, I sprayed my towel dryed hair lightly with LottaBody Setting Lotion. Next, I applied my Dark and Lovely 5 Moisture Leave In Conditioning Treatment. Last, I applied a small amount of foaming wrap lotion made by Shine. I rolled my hair on the gray rollers, using all of the 12 pack and no additional rollers. Finally, I began my long journey under the dryer.
The top photo is a combed straight look and the bottom photo is after I messed with it with some finger combing. My hair looks shorter than usual, but I do have a LOT of shrinkage at my roots. I am not even three weeks post yet, but my hair was stripped of its relaxer due to pool water. So here is the lowdown on how I feel about this roller set...
Pros about my roller set -
1. I love how soft my hair is.
2. My hair has some body and movement.
Cons about my roller set -
1. My hair does not have shine and looks dull.
2. My hair is not have much moisture.
3. This roller set did not produce the body that I wanted.
Overall, I give this roller set 3 stars. Only because it isn't the body I wanted and my hair did not have the moisture and shine that I was strying to achieve. However, my hair is light and moves. ALSO, to have this much shrinkage, my hair laid pretty straight. other than the thick roots, my length of my hair turned out pretty good. So, I cannot totally fail this set. It gets a C.
I haven't used this Aphogee spray in about a year. I think I am going to start back using this product on a consistent wash and set day. The bottles says that this particular product is to improve strength and body. I would love to have both of these improved and look forward to use this in future washes.
See you all at the next post.
- ► 2013 (64)
- Operation: OMI CONDITIONERS
- Unrelated to Hair, but BAD NEWS!!!! :(
- Hair Update!!!
- Updates and My Personal August Challenge
- My Hair Inspiration
- Like, I promised - A LENGTH CHECK PHOTO
- A Sneak Peak of My Store
- Operation: OMI - Proper Shampoo Technique
- Update on New Way to Moisturize
- Operation: OMI - My Research On Moisturizing
- Roller Set on Gray Rollers
- Small BSS Haul
- Look For New Changes This Month
- Length check since trim
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2011 (14)