Today I am saying goodbye (temporarily) to my hair. I am extremely frustrated with my inability to style my hair. Products play a role in my problem. Some of my products have left my hair hard and unmanageable. Another thing is retaining length. My hair has come a a long way as in health but not as far as length. December of this year will make 5 years since being on my HHJ and I have only grown my starting SL hair to a budding APL hair. That's extremely sad but I have come to learn a little something along the way. Sorry for the ramblings but there is a source for this. On to wash day tho:
1. I prepooed with Suave Shea butter and almond oil conditioner with almond oil, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil. I lightly covered all of my hair with this mixture. After it stay on for about 15 mins, I rinsed it clean.
2. After my hair was rinsed clean, I shampooed my hair with my cheapie shampoo and rinsed it clean.
3. While my hair was rinsed clean of shampoo, I sprayed my hair with black tea due to some shedding. It stay on for 20 minutes and rinsed.
4. After rinsing my hair clean, I DCed my hair with generic Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. It stayed on for about 40 minutes. And I rinsed it clean.
5. After conditioning, I tshirt dried for about 10 minutes. After removing the Tshirt, I air dried my hair up to about 40 percent and then applied a homemade moisturizer mixture. (Review to come)
With this wash, I prepped my hair for some weave installation that I am having done in the morning. I am so excited. I haven't had any done in months. I am hoping that this set of installations will help me retain length. I have no idea how long I am going to keep them in. But my goal is 2 months.
Here is a pic of my hair air dried.